Simply put, more than half of the hottest jobs in America right now are in healthcare (see the full list here). That’s right. According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, 20 of the 30 fastest-growing jobs in the country are involved in the healthcare industry.
Take a look:
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Physical Therapists
- Nurse Practitioners
- Dental Hygienists
- Physician Assistants
- Substance Abuse / Behavioral Counselors
- Nursing Instructors
- Home Health / Personal Care Aides
- Psychologists / Therapists
- Physical Therapy Assistants / Aides
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Medical Secretaries
- Information Security Analysts
- Orthotists and Prosthetists
- Genetic Counselors
- Interpreters / Translators
By 2022, it’s estimated that 1,000,000 new jobs will be created in the healthcare field.
Job security is only part of the story. Careers in healthcare pay well and are flexible, because no matter where you live, people need access to health services. These jobs are satisfying, because more often than not you are helping people feel better. And since healthcare is constantly changing, it offers a lifetime of learning and opportunities for promotion.
Check out the video below to hear from folks who work in healthcare every day.